Beach, the seond longest beach in the world, is a fascinating
place. Fishermen at dawn, fitness-intent people in the morning,
couples at noon, tourists in the evening, families at dusk and
sundal and ice cream at night.
the occasion of the Madras Day, a photography contest on the theme
' Marina Moods' is being organised.
You can shoot anything on the stretch of Marina from the Anna
samadhi end to the Light House.
of the contest:
1. This contest is open to all. Judges will look for entries that
capture the mood on this beach.
2. The photos should be original works and should be only in colour.
3. The size of the photo print should be 8" by 6"
4. A participant can send a maximum of only two photos.
5. The photos should have a caption, mentioning the place and
the scene and your name, address and contact info.
6. The prints are to be submitted with a letter mentioning that
you are the author of the pictures and with your name, address
and telephone number and e-mail ID (if you have one). On the cover
please state - Madras Day Photo Contest
7. Last date for submission: August 22, 2006
should be sent to -
Madras Day, C/o Mylapore Times, 77, C. P. Ramaswamy Road, Alwarpet,
Chennai - 18
for best three photographs will be awarded.
Winners name will be displayed on the website www.themadrasday.in
The decision of the organisers is final.
Interesting photos will be displayed at a venue of Madras Day
events. Photos submitted for the contest will be used for archival
purposes by the organisers and will not be returned.