Bicycle Ride: Cooum River Heritage Ride – Aug. 16, 2015
Starts at 5.00 a.m. Organised by Cycling Yogis.
The Cooum River starting near Kesavaram traverses around 74 km before before merging with the sea at Napier Bridge, it represents a wide swathe of Chennai’s history, the most well known localities, the most graceful of buildings, the most vibrant of communities and all that came up on the banks of the Cooum. Most of the important events, many with national and even global consequence, happened here on these shores. The river site witnessed some of the most crucial battles in South Indian history, it consist of important shrines of every religion that has lived here, also seen path breaking developments in science and graceful architecture
Limited seats on be first cum first basis.
Arrangements are being made to provide breakfast and lunch to all the participants free of cost during the ride
Vehicle Parking at the Start Point is on first cum first serve basis.
1. The ride will start at 5.00 am on Sunday,16th August from CISF Guest House, Port of Madras and finish at Sathyam Grand, Sriperumbudur tentatively by 12 noon
2. The total ride distance is approx 75Km.
3. From Sathyam Grand, Sriperumbudur both the Riders and their Cycles would be transported back to the Starting Point.
4. The ride is free of cost and has no registration fees.
5. Helmet is mandatory. No helmet, No Ride.
6. Please wear bright coloured clothing to enhance visibility.
7. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your belongings. The organizers of the ride cannot be held responsible for any eventualities.
8. Obey all the traffic rules.
9. The road will not be closed for the event.
10. Ensure that your bicycle is in a good and safe-to-ride condition.
11. Ride in a Single File and keep to the left.
12. Do not overtake and ride aggressively.
13. Be within the Group
14. Bicycle tags must be produced before taking the delivery of bicycle.
15. Cycling Yogis reserves the right to limit the number of participants
16. All the participants should sign Indemnity Document before the start of the ride.
17. Registration is required for all to participate in the ride.
18. Clicking the submit button and filling up the registration form means, you have read, understood and will abide by the instructions given above.
Post Registration, a mail will be sent confirming your participation.
Click on the link to Register:
Contact Ramanujar Moulana at +91 9884023123