PP Contest for City Schools/ Focus on Churches – Last date for submission of entries – Aug. 13, 2015
DETAILS OF CONTEST
This contest is held in connection with MADRAS DAY 2015 (Aug. 22 is celebrated as Madras Day) which celebrates our city.
The contest encourages city school students to explore Chennai’s history and heritage and present the topic given to you in multi-media form.
This contest has been held for the past 12 years and over 50 schools have taken part in it this far.
THEME FOR THIS CONTEST – City Churches: their heritage
Note: We want you to choose a church in the city which has great history and architecture within Chennai city.
( please avoid the San Thome Cathedral – we want presentations on less known but historic churches).
<< The contest is open to school children studying in classes 8 to 12.
<< A school can send only one team. Each team MUST have 3 members and all 3 members must take turns to make one presentation.
GUIDELINES for the Contest:
1. Identify a church for your project and ask your school teacher-adviser to seek the approval of the organisers.
Call the organiser at 9841049155 and get the project approved and registered before you set out to work on it.
2. Once the project is approved do some research at the desk and then undertake a tour of the place to take pictures on the spot, notes and interview people who can give you more inputs. Take photos and videos – use them in your project. We look for multi-media rich projects.
3. Back at your desk put the project together with pictures and the main points in the Power Point presentation
capsule and explanation notes written on sheets of paper. (DO NOT dump all info / text into the PP capsule).
4. At the contest, your team of 3 students will take turns at the mike to present the project using the PP.
You can use your notes for reference as your speak.
5. The presentation in PowerPoint on the approved theme will have to be done by all the three participants.
It can be done in English or in Thamizh.
6. The duration of the complete presentation – PowerPoint and Oral – should not exceed 10 minutes.
Participants should be prepared to answer on-the-spot questions from the judges.
7. The PowerPoint presentation should be submitted to the organisers on or before Aug. 13, 5 pm.
E-mail it to – firstname.lastname@example.org. ( Subject line – Madras Day – PP Contest)
(Please do not courier the project. We do not entertain hand delivered entries!)
8. The team should retain a copy of your project on a pen-drive or copy it to an electronic device and bring it to the venue of the contest. The organiser will provide a PC and a projector at the venue to help you make your presentation. (If you use Tamil or fancy fonts, download them too)
9. Contest is open to first 20 teams to register on first-come first-serve basis.
10. The contest will take place on Aug. 18 from 9 am to 3 pm with a 30 mins. lunch break ( you need to bring your lunch!). Venue: Srinivasa Sastri Hall, Luz, Mylapore.
11. The best THREE presentations will be awarded TROPHIES, gifts and certificates. All participants will be given certificates.
The prize giving function will be held on the same day at about 3 pm.
12. Prizes will be awarded based on quality of research / presentation of old / new pictures-visuals / presentation
format and answers to the questions posed by the judges.
This event is supported by Mylapore Times, the neighbourhood newspaper and South India National Association (SINA), Luz.