Heritage of Chennai – Multimedia Presentation Contest – 2014
Last date for submission of entries : Aug. 11, 2014
This contest is held in connection with MADRAS DAY 2014 (Aug. 22 is the Day) which celebrates our city.
The contest encourages city school students to explore Chennai’s history and heritage and present the topic given to you in multi-media form.
THEME FOR THIS CONTEST – City Temple with great heritage
Note: We want you to choose a temple in the city which has great history and architecture within Chennai City. ( Please avoid the Sri Kapali Temple, Sri Parthasarathy Temple, Sri Marundeeswarar Temple – because we want presentations on less known temples).
The contest is open to school children studying in classes 8 to 12.
A school can send only one team. Each team MUST have 3 members and all 3 members must take turns to make one presentation.
GUIDELINES for the contest:
1. Identify a temple for your project on and ask your school teacher to seek the approval of the organisers. Call the organiser Ms. Revathi at 98405 44629 and get the project approved and registered before you set out to work on it.
2. Once the project is approved do some research at the desk and then undertake a tour of the place to take pictures on the spot, notes and interview people who can give you more inputs. Take photos and videos – use them in your project.
3. Back at your desk put the project together with pictures and the main points in the Power Point presentation capsule and explanation notes written on sheets of paper. (do not dump all info / text into the PP capsule).
4. At the contest, your team of 3 students will take turns at the mike to present the project using the PP. You can use your notes for reference as your speak.
5. The presentation in PowerPoint on the approved theme will have to be done by all the three participants. It can be done in English or in Thamizh.
6. The duration of the complete presentation – PowerPoint and Oral – should not exceed 10 minutes. Participants should be prepared to answer on-the-spot questions from the judges.
7. The PowerPoint presentation should be submitted to the organisers on or before Aug. 11, 5 pm, in a Compact Disc (CD). Address for submission –
77, C. P. Ramaswamy Road
Alwarpet, Chennai – 18
Please courier the pack. We do not entertain hand delivered entries!
8. The team should retain a copy of the CD and bring it to the venue of the contest. The organisers will provide for a PC and a projector at the venue to help you make a good presentation.
9. Contest is open to first 20 teams to register on first come serve basis.
10. The contest will take place on Aug. 19 from 9 am to 3 pm with a 30 mins. lunch break. Venue: Srinivasa Sastri Hall, Luz, Mylapore.
11. The best THREE presentations will be awarded TROPHIES, gifts and certificates. All participants will be given certificates. The prize giving function will be held on the same day at about 4 pm.
12. Prizes will be awarded based on quality of research / presentation of old / new pictures-visuals / presentation format and answers to the question posed by the judges.
This event is supported by Mylapore Times, the neighbourhood newspaper and South India National Association (SINA), Luz. Venue sponsor. The contest has been held for 10 years now.