Alliance Française of Madras (AFM) is holding a photography contest during the Madras Week 2016.
This contest is open to all residents of the city.
Theme : Madras Yesterday… Chennai Today
Pertaining to the theme, participants can send in their photo entries that depict what the city of Chennai means to them. Photographs may include typical views of the life in the city, cityscape, culture, tradition, day to day life, festivals, nature, wildlife and capturing the magnificence of the city’s architecture from the oldest arch to the modern structures.
Entries to be sent to email@example.com and must reach us before 12 Noon on 5th August.
20 entries will be picked by a select Jury and an exhibition of the winning entries will be held at the AFM Gallery from August 22 – 28, 2016.
Rules & Regulations :
1. One participant can send a maximum of two pictures.
2. Entries will not be accepted on CD or as prints.
3. Each entry should be accompanied by the following data sheet duly filled in.
Image size :
– Each participant shall submit their photos in TIFF file format (preferred) or JPEG format (as an alternative) with a resolution of 300 dpi.
– Any manipulation or modification to the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and cropping and must not alter the content of the original scene. Highly manipulated images and composite images including HDRs are not permitted. Monochrome images are allowed.
– Entry is open to all photographers – amateur and professionals.
– The original image(s) must have been taken using a photographic process and all entrants must have the sole copyright to each image they submit. Clip Art and Copyright Free material are not acceptable. Alliance Française of Madras assume no responsibility for misuse by anyone of the copyright of published images.
– The organisers may reject any entry/image at their discretion. An entry may be rejected if it does not conform to published competition rules or is deemed unsuitable. The entries have to be original work of the entrant, who owns them. The entrants may be asked to provide the original for verification. An entrant failing to provide a requested image file may, at the organisers’ discretion, be considered to be in contravention of the contest rules and will be disqualified.
– Notification of results will be sent by email. Entrants should ensure that they provide an active email address and that spam filters are set to accept emails from AFM. Notifications will not be sent by post.
– By submitting an entry, the entrant permits the organisers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for AFM publicity in print or online internet site and/or in other media.